- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Confession

I have a confession to make. I ditched my boyfriend on Valentine’s Day to go to a hockey game with my mom. In my defense, we had the tickets long before my boyfriend and I got back together. My mom and I are hockey fanatics, so we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see one of the best players in the league, Alex Ovechkin (I still cheered for my Coyotes though).


To make it up to my boyfriend, I offered to cook him whatever he wanted for dinner tonight. He picked my Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. It’s delicious, but takes forever to make (especially on a week night). Last night I got all the veggies and chicken chopped up, so I’d have a head start after work today.

I hadn’t decided on a dessert until I saw this gem at Savers. The box looked even worse on the shelf. I should have taken the picture before I cut off all the excess tape and beat up cardboard. Oops!

I’m a curious person, so I have to check out everything in boxes. I’m glad I did because inside was a heart shaped fondue pot complete with dishes and forks; it was marked $3.99. Originally it was from Macy’s, so I know it was fairly expensive brand new.

So, for only $3.99 I have a fun, new dessert idea to go along with my gumbo. Chocolate fondue! I bought strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, graham crackers, and angel food cake for dippers. I can’t wait for tonight!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Did anyone do anything special?

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Here returning your follow from Follow Me Back Tuesday.

    You're an awesome girlfriend...I did make dinner for my hubby..and it was actually edible. (I'm not much of a cook!)

    Love the fondue set you got! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, chocolate fondue! That makes up for almost any transgression in my book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! I hope it turned out great!

    How do you do your gumbo? Will you share your recipe? I'd like to compare mine with someone else's.

    Thanks for the comment on my wreath:)

    Cheers, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've a very good girlfriend. Sounds like it would be yummy.
    Normally my husband and I don't do anything for Valentines Day. But this year he came home with flowers and said "You're my favourite wife out of all three"! (I'm wife no. 3). Awwww... I thought that was sweet - sorta. :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my post!
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting about the Valspar paint! I posted about it on my blog and gave you the well deserved credit for the info!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin