- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June After – FAIL

So, my bedroom still looks like this:

I completely dropped the ball on finishing the headboard project this month. Mostly because it took me half of the month just to decide what I was going to do. And then I spent the rest of the month being indecisive about the details.
So, I don’t have a finished headboard to show you this month, but I do have a plan…kinda.
I’ve definitely decided on an upholstered headboard. I like to read in bed, so that seems like the most logical/comfortable choice.
I’ve also decided on the shape…we’ll I’ve narrowed it down to 2 choices.
This:

Or the Belgrave shape:

I’ll probably decide once I have the fabric and I’m ready to cut out the shape. I already bought a jig saw in anticipation!

So, I was making good progress…and then I got caught up in the fabric decision…
First I was thinking vertical black and white stripes.

But with the black nightstands, white comforter, black and white curtains and black and white lamp shades the room was turning a little too black and white.
So, my next choice was Covington Windsor Citrus.

I want to keep the room light, bright, and airy, so I figured this could be a good choice. Plus it would bring in a little yellow to the room. Luckily, I decided to order a swatch before committing because the fabric didn’t look good in the bedroom.  
Now I’m waiting for a swatch of this fabric:

It’s an outdoor fabric, so I’m hoping it won’t be too stiff. And I’m hoping the details are white and not ivory.  I guess we’ll see!

So that’s where I’m at right now – crossing my fingers that I finally found the perfect fabric! I guess my June Project is now my July Project…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin