- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Friday, February 1, 2013

YHL’s Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge

Today I’m joining John and Sherry from Young House Love for their Unofficial Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge. You can read more about it here and link up your finds here. You can listen to the song that inspired the challenge here (un-edited version) or here (clean version).

The challenge rules are simple:
#1 Go to a thrift shop with “$20 in your pocket” and take a picture
#2 Spend that $20 (although you don’t have to spend all of it) and photograph your finds
#3 Find an item referenced in the song and take a picture

I’m not one to pass up an opportunity to thrift shop, so I headed off to Goodwill with $20 in my purse pocket.

I didn’t end up spending all of my $20, but I did find a few good things.
I bought this shirt for $4.99. Stripes + Lace = Love…plus it’s the color of the year.

I had to fight an old lady over this set of vintage Pyrex mixing bowls. OK, that’s a slight exaggeration. She saw me holding them and said she had been carrying them around for about 20 minutes trying to decide if she should buy them or not. I guess she put them down and then I picked them up a couple minutes later. She said she was glad they were going to a good home…OK, so we didn’t fight at all and she was really nice. I paid $0.99 (small bowl), $1.99 (medium bowl) and $2.99 (large bowl) for the set. I’ve done a little research on this set and I think they are from the 1960’s – yeah, these bowls are 50-ish years old and are in amazing condition. Vintage Pyrex is the best to cook with. Seriously, you need to buy yourself a bowl if you don’t already have one.

And finally I bought the book Ape House by Sara Gruen ($1.99). Not that I need another book (I have a whole bookcase of books I want to read), but I bought this one anyway. It’s by the same lady who wrote Water for Elephants, which is one of my favorites. Has anyone already read this book? Let me know if you liked it or not.

Of course we can’t forget my find inspired by the song :

Yep, full-length and fully insulated – this coat would be perfect for a trip to Antarctica. Plus it made me feel really skinny because it was medium and it was HUGE on me! Thanks big ass coat for the confidence boost!

Did you join YHL’s Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge? If so, leave a link to your post in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin