- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Charcoal Gray Sectional

After months of searching and another month waiting for it to be made, my sectional is finally here! And I couldn’t be happier!

It’s the Broyhill Ethan sectional with a customized layout and fabric. I bought it from a local store called At Home Furnishings. They were friendly and gave me a pretty good deal - I highly recommend them.
I ended up spending about $500 more than planned, but it’s exactly what I wanted plus it’s better quality than I originally planned on buying, so it was worth it. AND I already had the extra money saved up, so I didn’t have to charge more than I could afford (which I wouldn't have done anyway).  
Plus I was getting sick of looking around. I didn’t have the best shopping experience at a few stores, so I was pretty much over the whole buying process. I think maybe because I’m young some stores didn’t take me seriously. In a few stores I had sales people walk right past me to other customers and offer them help instead of me.  One sales lady very rudely told me they didn’t have what I was looking for and walked off. It was pretty crazy!

Anyway, I’m so happy with my new sectional! It fits the room so much better and now we have a lot more seating. Plus now there’s room for all of us to lie down – we spent about 7 hours on Saturday bumming around on the couch watching a Law & Order SVU marathon and it was amazing.
If you’re wondering what happened to my old couch, I put it on the curb with a free sign and put a curb alert listing on Craigslist. It was gone by the next morning.
Now that I have the main piece of furniture crossed off the list, I can really get moving on the living room makeover. I’ve already ordered a new rug!
Find sectional
Replace arm chair
Buy rug
Find coffee table
Sew throw pillows
Buy garden stool
Style entertainment center shelves
DIY abstract art
Re-paint console table?
Buy large plant/pot
Paint China Hutch
Decorate fireplace mantle
Sew curtains
DIY card catalog
Accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin